elev815 selects its Board of Directors for 2022
The elev815 Board of Directors for 2022 will be:
- Ace Foster – Embroid This
- Bob Nowicki – Nowicki Storage and Rental
- Chuck Gilbert - Retired
- Clyde Grooms – Clyde Grooms Agency
- Danica Keeton – Weddings by Danica
- Jeremy Jones – Covenant Insurance
- Jim Blevins – State Farm Jim Blevins
- Keith Wicklund – Cornerstone Wealth Management
- Marge Bauch – Roscoe Rock & Sand
- Toni Brown – Stepping Stones Child’s Center
- Shelly Schweigert – The Gem Shop
The organization of local businesses will elect officers for 2022 at its Jan. 13 board meeting.
Founded in 2018, elev815 is a grassroots organization dedicated to promoting small businesses in the Stateline area, exchanging information, and supporting youth education opportunities through 16 scholarships this year. More than 80 member businesses, organizations, and agencies can be found in Roscoe, Rockton, South Beloit, Rockford, Beloit, Loves Park, and other Stateline locations. Its members include Rockton-Roscoe News.
Recently, elev815 members helped organize Roscoe's Hometown Holidays Celebration and sponsored lighted Christmas trees on Main Street in Roscoe and Settlers Park in Rockton. The tree sponsorships and pumpkin sales in October benefit their annual scholarship program. They also distributed gift baskets on National First Responders Day.