Kinnikinnick School District welcomes 16 new educators and staff members
Kinnikinnick School District, which includes Ledgewood, Stone Creek, Kinnikinnick and Roscoe Middle School, got off to a smooth start this year.
At the first school board meeting of the year on August 29, 2023, Superintendent Keli Freedlund welcomed returning principals from the four district schools: Chad Etenyre – Ledgewood PreK-1; Shane Coeala -Stone Creek 2-3; Amber Miller – Kinnikinnick, 4-5, and Julie Cropp – Roscoe Middle School 6 -7-8.
Miller is beginning the new school year as principal at Kinnikinnick School. She was introduced to the staff and members of the school board.
Each principal gave a report on how the opening week of the school term got underway. With the exception of some minor bus transportation issues and logistical problems, all reported that the first week went well.
All four schools added new teachers and certified staff this year:
- Ledgewood School – Amie Spitson, Emily Mc Donald, and Dana Knoerle.
- Stone Creek School – Tiarra Vich and Megan Adams
- Kinnikinnick School – Principal Amber Miller, Kenneth Buck, Amy Hill, Addison Ferguson, Cameron Holt, Lauryn Johnson and Chris Nowotarski.
- Roscoe Middle School – Jeremy Rottmann, Molly Lengjak and Kimberly Salem.
According to Superintendent Freedlund, district enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is approximately 1,689 students.
Ledgewood School’s enrollment is 720 students this year. Stone Creek enrolled 336. Kinnikinnick, 415, and Roscoe Middle School, between 224-228.
The next Kinnikinnick School District meeting will be held in the Kinnikinnick School library, September 26, at 6:30 pm.
More News from Roscoe
- What's happening in the Stateline - Friday, Sep 22 - Friday, Sep 29 Our community calendar for Roscoe, Rockton, and South Beloit is full of things to do.
- Connie Moore was a familiar face at Schnucks Donations can be made in her name to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.