Village board meetings tonight may include important announcements
Village trustees will meet Tuesday night, Feb. 7, 2023. At the Village of Roscoe meeting at 6:30 p.m., Chief of Police Jamie Evans's retirement is expected to be formally announced. Village President Mark Szula plans to appoint Deputy Police Chief Samuel Hawley as interim Chief of Police, to be confirmed by the Village trustees. Watch for our complete report.
Subscribe so you don't miss our upcoming interview with Jamie Evans.
Trustees will formally vote on several purchases and contracts they had approved last month as the Committee of the Whole.
- 70” LandPride RTR Tiller from Bobcat of Rockford for $8,900.00. Public Works Superintendent Troy Taylor said this vendor offered the best price.
- Purchase and installation of sprockets and tracks by Bobcat of Rockford for $6,469.81, to repair and maintain the Village’s Bobcat T750 Compact Track Loader.
- Six 6’ rectangular picnic tables and three 46” round picnic tables from Uline for $10,200.17, to be used at Swanson Park and for special events, such as National Night Out.
- Two 3-Line Electronic Sign Boards from Sherwin Industries for $40,165.00.
- A 49” two-piece aluminum lift gate (Tommy Gate) from Monroe Truck Equipment for $5,831.00
- Paying Fehr Graham Engineering & Environmental for a 2023 Engineering Outsourcing Agreement, which involves plans for Willowbrook Road. It is shared with South Beloit and Roscoe’s portion would be $67,250.
- Paying Fehr Graham $55,000 for design and construction observation for the 2023 Residential Streets Program Agreement
- Paying Fehr Graham $26,900 to design the 2024 Residential Streets Program.
After the board meeting, the Roscoe trustees, meeting as the Committee of the Whole, will discuss buying new fixtures for the Leland Park restrooms and concession building, as well as new audience chairs for the Village Hall Council Chambers.
At the Village of Rockton meeting:
- Dr. Sandra Martell, head of the Winnebago County Health Department, will give a follow-up survey presentation on the Chemtool fire.
- The board will vote on amending Chapter 137 (Weapons) of the Code of Ordinances, which deals with air rifles, blow/dart guns, paintball guns/marker, bows and arrows, and sling shots.
- They will appoint an authorized agent for the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- They will vote on paying 120 Water $12,270 for professional services, including 3,000 lead testing kits, and postcard mailings.
On Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2023, [not Tuesday] at 5:30 p.m., Roscoe's Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) will hold a public hearing [PDF] to consider a variance request to allow 7-foot fences instead of 6-foot fences on the side yards of six multi-family residences on Baneberry Drive (PIN: 04-29-426-009), between Mary's Market and the Landmark Apartments, behind Schnuck's.
The zoning board will also consider allowing a 912 square foot accessory building at a residence at 6498 Sutter Drive. Normally only buildings 700 square feet or smaller are allowed. Decisions made by the zoning board will move on the Committee of the Whole on Feb. 21.