Hononegah Community High School All State music students spent three days with some of the best
The Hononegah Community High School All State music students spent three days practicing and rehearsing with hundreds of the top musicians from around the state.
The experience culminated in an incredible performance on Friday night, January 27 for Casey Bohn and Wolfgang Vergara in the Peoria Civic Center Auditorium in front of well over 1,500 fellow students, music educators and parents. Casey performed with the ILMEA All-State Vocal Jazz Ensemble and Wolfgang Vergara played piano with the Honors Jazz Band.
For updates, subscribe to our free newsletter!
Audrey Pigott and Ingrid Roeske sang with the Honors Choir and Sujie Yang played violin in the Honors Orchestra on Saturday afternoon in the Peoria Civic Center Arena in front of thousands of educators, fellow students and parents. The experiences that they have had while participating in ILMEA will be with them forever and will open up college opportunities for performance and scholarship. Congratulations Casey, Wolfgang, Audrey, Ingrid and Sujie on representing Hononegah on the largest and most competitive musical stage in Illinois. We are all all so proud of you!
The Bands and Choirs will have a cheesecake fundraiser coming up in the middle of February to help fund their Spring trip to Orlando. The Band will then have a Mattress Sale on Saturday, March 4 at HCHS from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Help support the performing ensembles!
- February 15 - Jazz Night in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- March 4 - Band Mattress Sale, Metal Gym, 10am-5pm
- March 10-12 - Spring Musical - Mary Poppins at HCHS PAC, 7pm(Fri), 7pm(Sat), 2pm(Sun)
- March 15 - Spring Band Concert in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- March 16 - Spring Choir Concert in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- May 2 - Fine Arts Festival Jazz Night in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- May 3 - Fine Arts Festival Choral Revue in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- May 4 - Fine Arts Festival Band Concert in the HCHS PAC @7pm
- June 1-7 - Band and Choir Performance tour to Orlando, FL
Thank you to Jeremiah Kramper, Director of Bands/Fine Arts Department Coordinator, Hononegah Community High School