Roscoe trustees approve a long list of liquor licenses and ordinances at Dec. 6 Village meeting
The Roscoe Village Board wrapped up several end-of-year issues at the Dec. 6 meeting.
The Liquor Commission meeting started at 6 p.m. (The members of the Village board are also the members of the Liquor Commission.) They recommended 33 liquor license be renewed for the year 2023. All license renewals were moved on to the full board later in the evening and were approved.
Four Class “A” renewal applications: the license allows full liquor – on and off premises consumption.
- Fiesta Cancun Authentic Mexican Restaurant of Roscoe
- Penny Inc. - Quik Mart
- Schnucks Markets Inc. - Schnucks Market
- Doris Deschler Inc dba Whiffletree Bar and Grill
Eleven Class “BL” renewal applications (Full Liquor – On Premises Consumption, Boutique Gaming)
- Anna’s Café LLC- Roscoe dba Anna’s Lucky 777 Unit 4
- Million Mile LLC- Cece’s Lucky Slots
- Dandy’s Slots Inc. dba Dandy’s Slots
- Empire Slots Roscoe dba Empire Slots
- Jackpot Joe’s LLC dba Jackpot Joe’s
- Adri Gaming Boutique - Lucky Horseshoe
- Suzzie LLC - Mama Sue’s Deli & Slots
- Pinewoods Restaurant Group LL -Molly’s Deli
- Next Stop Enterprises LLC. - Next Stop Gaming
- Pipitone Inc.- Slots of Fortune
- AGP 18 Incorporated - Slots of Fortune
Approval of one Class “BP” renewal application (Full Liquor – On Premises Consumption, Brew Pub.
- Crazy Llama Brewing Company LLC
Approval of 8 Class “C” renewal applications (Full Liquor – Off Premises Consumption)
- Casey’s Retail Company – Casey’s General Store #3536
- Highland Park CVS LLC - CVS Pharmacy #8524
- GPM Midwest - Fas Mart #5224
- Kelly Williamson Co.- Hononegah Mobil
- Kelly Williamson Co. - Roscoe Mobil
- Thorntons LLC. - Thorntons #331
- Walgreen Co. dba Walgreens #6001
There were no Zero Class “D” renewal applications (Beer and Wine – on premises consumption)
Approval of six Class “F” renewal applications (Full Liquor – on premises consumption
- RJR Gaming Inc. Inc. - Benny’s Slots Wine & Spirits
- Hoffman House of East Rockford Inc. Firehouse Pub – Roscoe, IL
- Lou’s Tap. Inc. - Louie’s Tap House
- Rybo Ventures Inc . Poison Ivy Pub
- Sabor Bar and Grill LLC .- Sabor Bar and Grill
- VFW Post #A2955
Approval of two class “G” renewal application (Beer and Wine – off premises consumption.)
- Speedway LLC -Speedway #3962
- Loves Travel Stops & Country Store – Loves Travel Stop #322
Approval of one Class “CT renewal application for full liquor off premises consumption. Catering Retailer.
- Perfectly Seasoned LLC - Perfectly Seasoned.
The commission also issued a Class “BL” Class BL Boutique Gaming liquor license to Anna’s Cafe LLC - Anna’s Lucky 777 Unit Four.
The regular Village meeting followed.
Trustees approved an ordinance establishing the 2022 Property Tax Levy by a vote of 4-2. Trustees Sue Petty and Carol Gustafson dissented.
Leann Jones, Chairman of the Police and Fire Commission, reported testing has been competed for new police applicants. “Right now, there are two spots open in police patrol,” Jones said.
Police and fire commissioners are compensated for their time. Commissioners receive a stipend of $40 per meeting. The chairman’s stipend is $60. They are involved in training, testing and proctoring.
A final vote for Plat 5, Hawks Point Subdivision at Roscoe and Old River, passed by a 4-2 vote. Josh Petry is the owner and developer of the project and wants to build town homes on the property. Trustees Carol Gustafson and Sue Petty once again voted against the planned Townhomes of White Oak project. Trustee Mike Dunn voted no in previous meetings, but changed his mind and voted yes in the latest vote. In April, Village President Mark Szula broke a 3-3 tie to allow the parcel to be rezoned as multi-family residential.
The development in Hawks Point has become a campaign issue for the April 2023 trustee election, in which Szula is being challenged by Gustafson for the Village President post. Three other candidates opposed to Szula's leadership have joined with Gustafson. Dunn will be running for reelection, as is Anthony Keene. Keene, who consistently votes with Szula, has been criticized for working in California and attending meetings remotely while serving as a Roscoe trustee.
The next Village meeting is scheduled for Dec. 20, 2022, beginning at 6:30 pm.