Local government meetings this week
One dramatic moment in the Rockton board meeting [PDF] on June 6, 2023 will be the handing over of the keys to the former Goldie Floberg Center on Rockton Road. The Goldie Floberg board voted in February to donate the property to the Village of Rockton, after moving their offices to Rockford. The board meeting will also include a public comment by Stateline Chamber of Commerce president George Pleshkewych. Part of the meeting will be a public appropriations hearing on the annual Village budget.
The Rockton board will also discuss:
- Purchase and installation of a village security system from Monarch, funded by an installment payment agreement with Vartana.
- A 48 month lease for four Dodge Durangos and associated equipment for police department, not to exceed $170,000
- Purchase of an interview room bundle from Axon for the police department, not to exceed $35,000
- Amending the Village's Code of Ordinances regarding alcoholic beverages, tobacco license fee, certain provisions of the Village of Rockton employee handbook, and the Duty to Cut Weeds and Grass
- Hiring Cahoy Group in Durand to clean & disinfect Well #10 for $49,990
- Approval of $40,000 in engineering costs to C.E.S. for the Rockton Road bike path, using MFT funds previously approved
At the June 6, 2023 Village of Roscoe board meeting [PDF], trustees are expected to award the 2023 Class “D” pavement patching contract to Stenstrom Excavation & Blacktop for the budgeted amount of $50,000. They will consider accepting the $1,744,456 bid from the Rock Road Companies for the Village’s 2023 Residential Streets Program. They will discuss paying
William Charles Electric $20,150 to repair damaged lighting and electrical service at Leland Park. Trustees will be invited to attend the annual Hononegah CHSD #207 Joint Boards of
- Recognizing James Sanders for 15 years of service.
- Allowing a business at 403 Oak Grove Avenue to have seven parking spaces, including one accessible parking space, instead of the required nine
- Allowing a double-sided electronic freestanding sign at the Mobil gas station at 810 Blackhawk Boulevard
- Regulating mobile retail vendors
- Contracting with FirstNet to provide phone lines for the sewer department’s lift station
- Approving an art show at Sal’s Slot’s on June 17 from 3 - 6 p.m.
- Hiring River Sterud and Tyler Vincetich as part-time Parks employees for $15 an hour
- Hiring Austin Spychalski as full-time employee for the Waste Water Treatment Plant for $17.85 an hour
- Granting licenses to Higgins Properties and retail liquor employee (RLE) licenses to employees of Hidden Creek Estates, American Legion, and Sal’s Slots
Videos of past South Beloit meetings can be viewed on the city's YouTube channel, while meeting minutes can be downloaded from the city's website. Rockton and Roscoe also have past meeting minutes on their websites. Roscoe also has a YouTube channel which contains videos of meetings.
More News from South Beloit
- What's happening in the Stateline - Friday, Sep 22 - Friday, Sep 29 Our community calendar for Roscoe, Rockton, and South Beloit is full of things to do.
- Connie Moore was a familiar face at Schnucks Donations can be made in her name to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.