Garage fire in Rockton quickly becomes a house fire

Image

Photo: Rockton Fire Protection District

When firefighters from the Rockton Fire Protection District arrived at 9:20 a.m. Thursday at a garage fire in the 200 block of N. Center Street in Rockton, they found the garage and back of the home already burning strongly. "The fire quickly spread through the garage and attic of the home," the Fire District reported via Facebook. Nearby fire departments arrived to help put out the blaze. Both residents and their family dog are safe; however, two of their three kittens perished and the other one "not in good shape," says a neighbor. Three firefighters checked in at a medical facility for minor injuries, but were released and have returned to duty. According to the Fire District, "At this time, the fire remains under investigation." Rockton Fire Chief Kirk Wilson estimated the damages at $130,000 - a total loss except for some family mementos. Family friends have brought food and clothing to the couple, who reportedly are staying with relatives in Roscoe.


Subscribe to Rockton-Roscoe News for free, daily, local news updates by email.


I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is not local
This is unverified
Promotional
Spam
Offensive

Replies