Strong spirits: eight challenges
What can we do individually and corporately to be our best, to be the person God intends us to be, and do what he intends us to do?
Here are a few suggestions...
- Pray a prayer of surrender to Jesus every day, putting all you are and have at his disposal.
- Try to see others as Jesus does, and treat them as though they were Jesus
- Learn to live fully in the moment, not wasting effort by worrying about the past or the future.
- Learn to trust God fully for all of your needs, and for all of the difficulties you face. Let go of the burdens you are carrying and let him carry them
- Realize you have been blessed to be a blessing. Give freely of what you have to help others
- Put yourself in circumstances where you will fail without God's help.
- Live each day as though it is your last. It might be...
- In conclusion, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5,6)
Gary Schwerin serves as pastor at Caledonia Congregational Church. He is also the Spiritual Development Minister for the YMCA of the Rock River Valley and Executive Director of Bridge Ministries of Rockford. Prior to launching Bridge Ministries, Gary spent many years in leadership with Young Life. His columns appear here every Sunday - subscribe to our daily email to see all our stories and events.
More News from Roscoe
- What's happening in far northern Illinois- Friday, Feb 23 - Friday, Mar 1 Our events calendar covers South Beloit, Roscoe, and Rockton.
- Hononegah drops the sectional final to Libertyville 51-35, ends the season 30-5 The Hononegah girls basketball team accomplished so many things this season.