Local governments to decide on installing security cameras at Settlers Park, legalizing hens in South Beloit
Rockton, Roscoe, and South Beloit will hold municipal meetings on Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 6 & 7, 2023.
At Tuesday's meeting, the Village of Rockton will set their 2024 meeting schedule. The Rockton Lions Club is covering more than $9,000 for security cameras in Settlers Park. Trustees are expected to approve Rock Energy Cooperative to install a pole for that project, costing $2,620.21. The board will also be asked to approve $277,287.75 for Franklin Street.
Before opening their Tuesday meeting to the public, the Village of Roscoe will begin their board meeting with a closed session to discuss pending litigation. What happens in a closed session is not public information, but it may be related to a lawsuit against the Village by the developer of the Townhomes of White Oak for rescinding their approval of part of his development. Village President Carol Gustafson will present the FY 2022 audited financial statements by Baker Tilly. Fehr-Graham & Associates is expected to be hired for additional design services for Willowbrook Road and Love Road and for a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment for a potential acquisition of property by the Village. Trustee Mike Wright is planning to attend the 2023 Illinois Main Street Conference in Pontiac, Illinois on November 14-5, 2023.
On Monday at 4:45 p.m., the City of South Beloit will hold a public hearing about the USEPA brownfield cleanup grant for the remediation for the 420 North Blackhawk Boulevard site. At the 5 p.m. city council meeting, they will vote whether to allow the keeping of hens in certain residential areas.
Also on the agenda:
- Discussing/approving a Class D liquor license for Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
- Approving estimated tax levy amounts
- Increasing hourly wages for part time patrol officers
- Hiring Traliant for discrimination and harassment training services
- Approving a grant agreement for the Organized Retail Crime Grant Program
- Purchase of a 2023 Police Interceptor Utility AWD vehicle with equipment for no more than $58,662 and a 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 without equipment for no more than $55,752 from Currie Motors.
South Beloit is also accepting bids for snow removal services until 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 14, 2023.