Elvis Tribute Day at Historic Auto Attractions
Elvis was in the building Saturday, August 19, 2023, at Historic Auto Attractions in Roscoe, for Elvis Tribute Day, where visitors could view the exclusive exhibit dedicated to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
Museum-goers were also given the opportunity to capture a moment with the King himself (Elvis impersonator Mike Hartney) and pose for pictures. Hartney is originally from Chicago and has been an Elvis impersonator for seven years.
Items on display include the King’s personal 1972 Lincoln Mark IV, along with various outfits and additional personal items. Just across the way in the Elvis Presley and Other Famous Icons exhibit, you’ll find a dress from Marilyn Monroe’s wardrobe and more of her accessories, and even personal items belonging to James Dean and Buddy Holly.
You won't be able to stop there, as Historic Auto Attractions actually boasts 80,000 square feet of exhibits including the world’s largest collection of presidential and world leader’s limousines, a vast collection of gangster era vehicles and memorabilia, TV Land cars, and cars from hit movies such as Batman, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future.
While the auto collection is remarkable, the Museum is so much more than cars. Historic Auto Attractions is widely agreed to be the most unique museum in our region, housing 25 different attractions featuring artifacts from around the world, with exhibits including, Old West, Hall of Presidents, Animal Kingdom, Egyptian Artifacts, NASA, and Super Heroes.
Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, historian Tony Farrell Sr. offers tours throughout the various exhibits. You can call to book a group or company tour or school field trip.
Museum Director Alex Merry is excited for the future of Historic Auto Attractions. She says, “I see this place as a gem in the rough. We are a small community and having what we have here is such a staple. There is enjoyment for everyone. I really feel that we are on an upward streak.”
Alex says we can expect more events coming up such as:
- Rockton & Roscoe Community Weekend, August 25-27, when admission will be $8.00 off for Rockton and Roscoe residents.
- Creative Collections, September 23 - Historic Auto Attractions will host local artists and small business owners, with discounted admission.
- Wine-ding Through Time, October 14 from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm - a unique wine-tasting experience at Historic Auto Attraction in partnership with After The Vine.
Historic Auto Attractions also has a very large gift shop with unique gifts. 2023 admission information can be found on their website. Group rates and a banquet area are also available and you can call for more details. They are located at 13825 Metric Rd in Roscoe, Il. Museum hours are Tuesday-Thursday from 10 a.m. - 5 m, Friday-Saturday from 10 a.m. - 6. p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. They are closed on Monday.
They also offer season passes, which is great, because you definitely won't be able to see everything in just one visit!
More News from Roscoe
- Strong spirits: what really scares you? What terrifies me is the thought that in the storms of my life, I will foolishly think that I can take care of things myself.
- Roscoe antique sale to benefit restoration of first settler's homestead Roscoe Township Historical Society's antique sale is Sept. 23-24, 2023 at the Community Center.