10 things about the 2023 Hononegah High School football season
- In the 2022 season, Hononegah had a record of 7-3. In the 2023 season they expect a better record and a higher IHSA playoff seed.
- Preseason/Fall camp opens for the Hononegah Indians on Monday, August 7, 2023.
- The 2023 regular season starts for the Hononegah Indians at Kelsey Field on Friday night August 25 against Rockford Jefferson. It’s a 7:15 pm kickoff. Arrive early as seats always fill up.
- Kelsey Field has a capacity of approximately 3,000 spectators and provides a great atmosphere for Friday night football games.
- The Hononegah Indians play their home games at Kelsey Field, 307 Salem Street in Rockton, IL which is located on the Hononegah High School campus.
- The team is coached by Bryan Zimmerman, who has been the program’s head coach since April 2016 and has helped lead the Indians to a continued level of success.
- Isaiah Houi is one of the key players for the Indians. As a 2023 senior, he will likely be a top player to watch on both offense and defense. Isaiah Houi announced via his social media that he will be attending Northern Iowa for his college career.
- Cole Warren is another standout player on the team. Also a senior in 2023, Warren will be one of the leaders this season.
- The Hononegah Indians scored 302 points last season. The Indians defense gave up only 231 points.
- The Hononegah Indians have three all-conference players returning in 2023 (Drake Broege OL, Isaiah Houi DB, and Gabe Kohl DE).
|Aug 25||7:15||H||Rockford (Jefferson)|
|Sep 1||7:15||H||Machesney Park (Harlem)|
|Sep 8||7:15||A||Rockford (Guilford)|
|Sep 15||7:15||H||Freeport (H.S.)|
|Sep 22||7:15||A||Rockford (East)|
|Sep 29||7:15||A||Rockford (Boylan Catholic)|
|Oct 6||7:00||H||Belvidere (North)|
|Oct 13||7:15||H||Belvidere (H.S.)|
|Oct 20||7:15||A||Rockford (Auburn)|
More News from Roscoe
- What's happening in the Stateline - Friday, Sep 22 - Friday, Sep 29 Our community calendar for Roscoe, Rockton, and South Beloit is full of things to do.
- Connie Moore was a familiar face at Schnucks Donations can be made in her name to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.