Hononegah School Board meets Wednesday
One of the first items of business at Wednesday's Hononegah school board meeting is to recognize Amelia Bronnimann as a Certiport 2023 Adobe Certified Professional U.S. National Championship Qualifier and Kaleb Brien as a Certiport 2023 Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Championship Qualifier. Staff members will be recognized for being part of the 2023 SAT Data Team : Sandy Blum, Brad Christoff, Liz Eiss, Brett Erxleben, Lassen Fleege, Stephanie Marsh, Maggie Moore, Beth Schroeder, Matt Simpson, Chad Smith, Angela Stone, Jeremiah Zachwieja.
Jessica Starr & Stephanie Broege of the Physical Education department and Nathan Loft of the Special Education Department will give presentations.
During each school board meeting, any member of the public is given five minutes to address the school board with issues and concerns, without personal attacks or inappropriate language.
The board will hear reports from Student Council Representative Riley Dick, Athletic Director Steve Cofoid, Finance Director Justin Krueger, Superintendent Michael Dugan, and Human Resources Director Kendra Asbury.
The board will also receive building administrative reports from Principal Chad Dougherty and Associate Principal Kathy Eckmann and a Strategic Plan update from Superintendent Michael Dugan.
During the meeting, the Hononegah Community School District will receive a donation of a 2003 GMC Sierra, worth $4,000, donated by Scott Brady. The board is expected to approve the Frontline training contract for $1,050.
New business includes:
- The first reading of a revised Athletic Handbook
- Policy decisions on overnight student trips
- Asking the Superintendent Michael Dugan and Finance Director Justin Krueger to prepare the annual budget
- Awarding the School Maintenance Project Grant (SMPG) flooring project bid to Benchmark Flooring totaling $121,355.
- Approving the Onsite Initial Asset Collection in conjunction with the Master Library Asset Management software for $23,000.
- Approving the purchase of 10 touch panel displays from AVI Systems Inc. for $19,179.70, funded from the IDEA grant.
- Approving the purchase of 65 touch panel displays from AVI Systems Inc. for $146,958.50.
- Getting bids for the Staff/PAC parking lot project.
- Disposing of surplus property.
The school board meeting will be held in the Hononegah High School library on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023 at 7 p.m. The public is welcome.